Friday, September 8, 2017

Phew. What a Week

Well what a week it has been.  My computer crashed on Tuesday and found out the next day that it couldn't be repaired so ordered another one.  I hate being without my PC but was making do with my hubby's laptop and my tablet.  I didn't want to have to keep changing from his email lot ins to mine so just made do.  then a dear and wonderful friend offered me the use of her spare lap top which is what I am using now.  I picked it up this morning before I went to the hospital to see my dear one.
Yesterday, was about 3 days long.  Hubby was outside cutting down some trees and I was in my quilt room with one of the windows open so I could hear if there was a problem.  I heard the saw stop and waited a bit to see if it started again.,  Meantime, our Heidi was looking out the open window and making an odd woofing sound.  When I called to hubby to see if everything was okay, he replied that he needed help.
I found him sitting on the ground, bleeding from a cut on his ear and with a suspected broken ankle.  I dashed back inside to get a blanket and call my neighbours.  They arrived, took one look at everything and called the ambulance.  Hubby was obviously in shock so I added another quilt and we kept him
talking until the EMS arrived.  He was supposed to go to a larger hospital tomorrow and get the ankle operated on but it might not happen until the next day.  In any case, he is in good hands and I have had tons of help offered so I am feeling looked after as well.
My heart goes out to those in the path of the various natural disasters in the south.  Our mishap is nothing in compared to the destruction that is happening there.
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. just now catching up with you. So sorry to hear of your husband's accident. So glad to hear that all is well. Praying for you both!

    ReplyDelete