Friday, October 6, 2017

Bounty

Hubby has been inside now for nearly a week and, as the weather was really nice, I thought it would be a good time to go for a drive.  The trees haven't reached their maximum colour yet but are still very pretty.  This plus having a couple of roads in the area that we hadn't explored were excuse enough to load up the van.  The roads turned out to be not very interesting but it was still fun to see where they went and what houses were along them.  We had visited the chip truck on our way out so we ate our supper while looking over a ravine.
On the way home, we stopped at a house that had some things outside.  I was interested in a small chest of drawers but when I had a closer look at the little cabinet, I decided it was a better choice.  As you can see in the photo, the wicker drawers are different sizes and it fits perfectly at the end of my long arm.  I will use it to store my batiks.
We also saw a nice dart board in a wooden cabinet that included the darts and other accessories.  My husband wanted it so into the van it went.  The home owner came out and we chatted for a bit before he was kind enough to load the cabinet into the van.
We arrived home pleased with our little outing and our two new possessions.  By the way, they were free.  This happens fairly often around here when people have things they no longer need.  The articles are put near the road with a big 'free' sign and people are welcome to help themselves.  We are going to be doing the same thing this coming spring.
Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian readers.  Enjoy your weekend.
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. Anna - I have 4 of those exact same cabinets - they are awesome! We put 2 back to back on each end of the table for my Mid-arm!! Happy Thanksgiving! Lori Hope Roger is mending nicely!!

    ReplyDelete