Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Creativity Creates

I had a lovely day.  Dear friends of ours came for a visit and we sat outside and just talked, laughed and reminisced.  It was a great break for both hubby and I.  The guys talked about guy stuff and we women talked quilts, family stories and just stuff.  After they left, I served left overs for supper, fed the chickens, watched the news and now I have time to do some quilting.
I am working on a top from the Pattern Pastiche virtual retreat that took place at the beginning of Sept.  I did some of it yesterday at quilt group but then couldn't find the rest of the pattern.  Fortunately, one of the other ladies is working on the same one so she gave me her copy but before I can get to it I have some chairs to reupholster for a friend that really need to get done before anything else.  She isn't in a big rush for them but they are taking up a lot of space in my room.
I read a funny but, oh so true comment yesterday.  'You are making a blanket not curing cancer'  Mark Lipinsky.  I think all quilters should have that posted on their machines, cutting tables, ironing boards and anywhere else where it will be seen frequently.   We do often take ourselves too seriously.  Isn't it more important to enjoy what you are doing than getting every single seam perfectly aligned?
Making a quilt is an artistic endeavor.  We are not drafting plans for a hospital.  We should spend more time relaxing and enjoying and less satisfying rules and opinions.
Have a creative day.
blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment