Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Good News

I am really  tired but the day had a good result.  We had to drive to Barrie again so hubby could get his ankle x-rayed and see the surgeon.  It was a long day.  We left the house around 10 and didn't get back until nearly 5 but we received good news.  The break has healed well and he now can put full weight on that foot. 
Of course, he can't be out doing a foot race or taking up tap dancing but he is able to do more to look after himself and take over the making of some of our meals. I will need to continue look after the chickens and getting in wood for the stove but with less household work, I should be able to start catching up with my writing and quilting.
The day was still fairly mild but you could feel a difference in the air.  Autumn is starting to get ready for its winter clothing and I better do the same.  I need to pull out the oversized suitcase that holds my warm sweaters, pants and nightwear and pack away the summer clothing.  I use this time to get rid of things I didn't wear so make room for different things.I try to be ruthless but don't quite achieve it.  Still a reduction of a few things is still a reduction.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment