Friday, October 30, 2009

Peekaboo Party Quilt


Today our quilt has a name.  Peekaboo Party seemed appropriate as the theme squares just pop up here and there and I really had fun doing this so, party it is.

I hope you can see my quilt top clearly.  As you can see, the blocks do make a pattern. 

Now let's put these blocks together.  You can use whatever layout you wish but I will give you mine so that you have something to start with.  I will be referring to B1 (Block 1) etc

Row 1-B1, B2, B3, B2, B1
Row 2-B2, B1, B2, B1, B2
Row 3-B1, B2, B1, B2, B3
Row 4- B2, B3, B2, B1, B2
Row 5- B1, B2, B1, B2, B1
Row 6- B2, B1, B2, B3, B2
Row 7- B3, B2, B1, B2, B1

Sew blocks into strips, join strips together in order given. Press.  Trim if necessary.
First Border:  Cut your border fabric 1 1/2 " wide.  Sew to bottom and top and then the long sides. Press
Second Border:  This can be cut from your theme fabric.  Cut strips 3 1/2" wide and follow steps above.
The third border is the binding.  Measure through center of the top lengthways and across.  Do this twice to make sure your numbers are correct.  Add numbers together and multiply by 2.  This is your binding length.  Add 1 1/2" for joining.
Cut backing  to size of top plus 2" all around.  Cut batting to size of top.
Layer your quilt, pin, top stitch and bind.

Next week, I will give you some top stitching ideas as well as directions to change the size of your quilt.
Please send me photos of your completed project and I will post them to the blog.
As always, if you have any questions, please ask:  arkangelcreations@gmail.com
Welcome to new member Cathy N.
If you enjoyed this project,  let me know in the comments or by e mail.  In Dec. (or sooner), I am going to have some quick projects that would be suitable for last minute Christmas gifts.
Blessings to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment