Monday, October 12, 2009

Thanksgiving

It is now Monday evening and I have finished my second Thanksgiving meal. On Saturday, we had 17 family and friends at our house. It was a wonderful day. The weather was nice enough that people were able to go for a walk and visit out of doors. Some of the men ate outside also which helped ensure there was enough space for everyone to have a table of some sort.
Today, our next door neighbours invited my husband and I over for their first Thanksgiving in their new home. They bought the property next to ours and originally planned to move in in five years. However, a series of events caused a change of plans and a flurry of activity made it possible for them to live there now. The husband, who is a contractor as well as a skilled handyperson, converted a garage that was on the property into a small but comfortable home. They will add on to it in the spring but they have a snug one bedroom house until then. They are great people and we are glad to have them living there so soon.
We are starting to get a bit of snow. It isn't staying on the ground but it is fair warning that winter will arrive in the not to distant future. We finished getting the garden ready, put away lawn furniture, garden gnomes and other bits and pieces today. Tomorrow I have my snow tires put on the car. I never bothered with them when we lived in the city but they really are a necessity here.
In between all that activity, I got my studio organized once again in time for some serious pre-Christmas sewing.
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment