Friday, December 18, 2009

One More Week

A week today is Christmas-just in case you needed a reminder.  Yesterday, we went to Huntsville and finished our shopping so now I just have some sewing and baking to do.
We met my friend Carol and her husband for lunch and had a nice visit and gift exhange.  Carol made us a lovely stained glass angel. I really like handmade gifts even if they aren't as professionaly made as this one.  I imagine the person thinking of me as they are putting it together.  I equally enjoy making gifts for others and, yes, I do think of the recipient as I am cutting and sewing.
I have a recipe for you today that makes a nice gift or is something to have on hand when companies arrives.  We get a lot of sweets this time of year and I think it is nice to have a savory to balance it all.  This recipe is from a television morning show so I can't take either credit or blame.
Cheese Crisps


Preheat oven 350o



Ingredients

2 cups grated, old cheese
¼ c. butter, softened
1 c. flour
Few drops of Tabasco
½ tsp dry mustard
2 c. Rice Crispies, crush lightly

Mix cheese and butter until well blended
Stir in remaining ingredients except cereal. Blend well.
Add Rice Crispies. Stir until combined.
Spoon onto greased baking sheet. Flatten with back of spoon.

Bake for 10 minutes

Option: Roll out dough, slice lengthways. Twist strips into straws, sprinkle with parmesan. Bake.

I found that I needed to add a bit more butter to make everything stick together.

Hope you like the recipe. 

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment