Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Just Another Day

There is a lot to be said in favour of routine.  The same old activity of getting up, having coffee and breakfast, exercise, check e mail, do housework etc provides a kind of security.  Holidays are fun but it is home that provides the comfort.
This week I am getting back into that routine.  Yesterday was my usual Monday quilt group.  A nice day with most members attending and we did get some sewing done in the midst of the conversation and sharing.  Last night, I got back to the wedding quilt I am working on and today, after I get the other routine stuff done, I will get back at it.
Yesterday, before coming home, I went for the mail.  As I walked up the post office steps and nodded to people I didn't know, I thought, again, about how nice it was to be home. We have been here for two years now and, much to my continual surprise, I feel like a much loved kitten-content with the world.
I wouldn't like doing the exact same thing every day although I know some people find it comforting.  I think one of the things I like about quilting so much is that while it is quilting, it can be done in so many different ways.
If you are a quilter, you might be interested in knowing I will be posting a monthly block pattern-probably around the 15th.  It will start this month.  Most patterns will be traditional but others will be my own.  They will include foundation piecing, applique and rotary cut.
Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment