Monday, June 7, 2010

Quilt Day

I don't usually have a chance to post anything on Monday as it is my quilt group day but I am on the go earlier this morning.  My husband had to take our camper in for certification so that meant I had to be dressed and ready to be seen by neighbours for 8.30.
I am looking forward to getting back to group after a couple of weeks away.  I wasn't sure what I was going to take as a project but decided to start something new.  I am going to make a quilt using the Day and Night block.  It, as it sounds, has two or more contrasting colours.  The blocks are 12" so it should go together quickly.
I try to have a seperate project to work on at group as I take a different sewing machine than the one on which I do most of my quilting.  Because there is always a chance of a difference (however slight) in seam width on different makes of machines, I like to keep my work seperate.
I have also found that it is easier to take a less complicated block to group as with all the conversations, viewing each others work and helping when possible, it is easy to lose track of what you are doing.
It is quite a bit cooler here now which makes it so much nicer for working and sleeping.  I don't expect it to last but will enjoy it while it is here.
Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment