Wednesday, June 23, 2010

This and That

This seems to be the summer of critters.  We are having problems with everything from bears to ants.  Our neighbour had their composter tore apart on Monday so now all our men folk are keeping their rifles handy.  Doesn't that sound like something from the pilgrim days?  On the other end of the pest scale, ants have been finding their way into our house.  We have plugged holes and put down toxic killers without complete success.  There does seem to be less of them so perhaps we are winning that war.
All of this, of course, is better than having a drug lab next door or hordes of all night revellers.
I am still working on the wedding quilts. One is ready for the top stitching and the other is almost ready to have the blocks sewn together.  Yesterday, I decided I didn't like the layout that I had planned on using so spent a lot of time on EQ figuring out another.  This is a log cabin pattern so layout styles are almost endless.
I think I have an idea for our 25 member celebration (we now have 26).  I still have some work to do on it but will tell you that it will probably be a table runner/wall hanging with a Christmas theme.  Stay tuned.
And now back to the sewing machine.
Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment