Friday, July 23, 2010

Multi-Tasking

I think women are genetically disposed to not be able to do just one thing at a time.  This morning I was making bread, arranging for roadside coverage on our camper, doing laundry, checking my e mail and making stew all at the same time.  All this while talking to my husband and the dog (please notice that my husband was listed first!).
I cannot fathom how it is possible to start one thing, finish it, and then start another.  Can a person really accomplish much by doing things sequentially rather than consecutively?
I finished washing all the vintage fabrics today and the mothball smell seems to be gone.  Will see what happens when they get wet.  I still have a clothesline full of fabric and, as it is raining, I guess they will be there for a bit.  My next door neighbour said that she told her husband that I had the most colourful clothesline in the area!
I am eagerly awaiting the delivery of my sewing machine speed control.  It is supposed to arrive today.  Tomorrow, I am off to the Haliburton quilt show and Monday heading to the airport to pick up my sister.
Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment