Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Dancing on Tippy Toes

My sister had a good nights sleep and is getting back to routine as are we.  Yesterday, I phoned the owner of the property next to ours to start the purchasing process as Laura is serious about buying it.  I am, needless to say, delighted. It is going to be so wonderful having a brother within an hour's drive and my sister next door.  Another sister and nephew are also making plans to eventually move to Canada so I will soon be doing a happy dance all over the place.
I am also hoping that my friend will move here.  I am trying not to be greedy but having her nearby (along with another dear friend who is just a skip up the road) would be beyond wonderful.
While I am waiting for all those things to happen, I am going to be making a sourdough starter.  My sister picked up a cookbook in Dawson or Yellowknife that contains sourdough recipes.  I photocopied a couple and am going to try them out.
Tomorrow, I hope to have a photo of the last wedding quilt.  I just have two sides to finish and then I am DONE.
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you are getting family closer by. I don't know what I'd do if my siblings were further afield! One of my brothers lived in Belgium for 11 years, but they were home every other year, and with the internet, at least we could communicate often. Now we're all in Ontario except for one sister. She and her hubby are in the Caymans. I suppose it's ok to have a built in vacation spot in the family!

    ReplyDelete