Friday, October 8, 2010

Happy (Canadian) Thanksgiving

Our trip yesterday went well.  We gave our presentations, answered questions and returned home.  It was a long day-three hours driving each way-and I was tired when I got home  just before nine.  I did get to go to the quilt store though.  The driver, bless him, said we had lots of time so I zipped in and found a pattern I liked.  I hate going into a quilt store and not buying something even if it isn't anything I needed.  I think it is a struggle for most quilt store owners to make a profit so I try to be as supportive as I can.  I don't have the same attitude toward chain fabric stores.  They have a wide range of customers; dressmakers, upholsterers, teens in high school classes etc.  Quilt stores get quilters.
I am taking a bit of a day off today and am going to work on my bird quilt.  Tomorrow, I have baking to do and Sunday, after church we are off to my brother's to celebrate Thanksgiving.
I have been trying to make it a habit to start each day being thankful for something. Today it is for CBC where I am able to hear my classical music.  I am also thankful for this wonderful country we call home.  We have freedoms, privilages and standards of living that is the envy of much of the world.  I am thankful for those who established our constitution and laws which protect the rights of the individual and give religious freedom. I am thankful for my friends both real and virtual, my family and my faith. And, of course, I am thankful for our little dog, Heidi, who brings us laughter.
blessings,

1 comment:

  1. Have a great Thanksgiving Anna. We're heading over to my parents too. Low key though, as Dad isn't that well. Probably see some of my siblings, but one is in Ottawa, one is in the Caymans, one ALWAYS has a kid in some tournament or other on a holiday weekend, and the one left is a grandpa and hosts their own holiday. At least there is lots of turkey!

    ReplyDelete