Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Making of a Quilter

I had a phone call this morning that made my day.  I had given my sister-in-law one of my older machines for her use although, as they are working on getting their new home ready for winter, I didn't expect she would do much with it for a while.  Pearline is one of those women who can turn a packing crate into a lovely home but I think she is happier outside digging trenches than sitting at a sewing machine.  Her phone call, therefore, was a surprise.
She phoned to let me know she had bought a cabinet for the machine and was getting it all set up in a spare bedroom.  Her first project was patching a pair of her husband's (my brother) jeans.  She went on to say that she is looking forward to making a dress and that her dream is to have a little place at home where she can sell her products.
I am, of course, thrilled.  I know that I will be able to gently nudge her toward making quilts.  After all, who would not want to!
I am already looking forward to working with her making gifts for the family and items for her store.

Just a reminder about the contest:  you are to make a wall hanging and add embellishments.  Full details are in the blog entitled 'Contest'.

I obviously didn't edit my last blog.  Typos, typos and shame on me.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment