Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Rescued!

Have you been following the plight of the Chilian miners?  This morning, I watched, with tears in my eyes, as each one rose from the depths of the earth and into the arms of their waiting loved ones.  I can only imagine their joy.  I get excited anticipating my husband's return after a being away for just two days.
He called this morning to say that he was on the way home from his hunting trip.  He is tired and cold as the heater in the van wasn't working.  I have given the house an extra polish and brushed the dog.  The fire is lit and the kettle will be boiling.  Of course, it won't take long for normalacy to return and I will be mentally grumping about his habit of leaving things where they were dropped.  Humans aren't the most rational of creatures, are they.
Last night, I lay awake for a while after letting the dog out.  Of course, I was thinking about quilting and have thought of another scrappy pattern.  I have done a rough sketch of it and will add it to my list of things to do.
I didn't quite get the bird quilt top stitched yesterday.  I have one more row of blocks to do.  I find that I can only work on the frame for a little while before I (a) get bored or (b) my back hurts or (c) both.  I have to add extensions to the legs to raise it up about four inches.  Having everything a few inches too low is one of the banes of being tall.  Can't imagine what it must be like for those who are in the extreme end of height; rather like Gulliver in Lilliput land I would think.
Another crisp fall day calling me to be outside.  I gathered up the gnomes yesterday.  They are always reluctant to leave their sunny spots and move to their winter homes.  I will let them take some of their animal friends with them to keep them company until spring arrives once again.
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anna,
    I have heard that some people use "bed risers" to raise their quilting frames. They're available in 4 and 8" heights in groups of 4, so for the frame you need 2 sets.
    Or if your hubby is handy, he can cut pieced of 4x4 and drill out a spot in the top for the frame's leg to fit in.
    Just a suggestion from another tall person. BTW, when I had my kitchen redone, I had the counter top custom fitted 2" higher than standard. I love it.

    ReplyDelete