Thursday, March 31, 2011

Preserverance

I recently finished this vest.  It is pieced and reversable.  I used Jodi Barrows, Square in a Square ruler for the blocks.
This is another of those projects that has been laying in my WIP (work in progress)  drawer for over four years.
I have also been working on a paper pieced quilt and was having trouble with one of sections.   I did it four times.  The first time I  put the pieces in in the wrong order, the second time, I did the same thing.  Then I put piece in upside down.  By now the paper is in pretty bad shape so I had to tape it. Fourth time through I got it done correctly.  I could have understood if this was the first time I made the section but it wasn't.  This was the last block.
Sometimes you just have to keep at it.  I probably would have started from the beginning with a fresh pattern but I didn't want to print another one.
Anyway, after all that, I just have the corner pieces to do and the top is finished.  And people expect to buy quilts for the same price you can get one at Walmart!
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment