Friday, April 1, 2011

The Saps a-Pourin'

This is the quilt I have been working on.  I have to add the half blocks and the border.  As you can see, it is quite colourful.  You might not be able to tell with the sections unsewn, but the blocks make a windmill pattern as well as a bowtie and a butterfly.
The pattern should be all done and ready for sale by the end of next week. It is a foundation pieced.
My husband has been out doing the maple syrup today.  The sap was flowing quickly this morning although it is tapering off now.  We might be coming to the end of the season but we are very pleased with our yield.  We should double what we did last year.  I have helped where I can-emptying the smaller containers, stirring sap, but mostly I do the lunch and thermos of tea.  Once the syrup comes into the house for bottling my real job starts.
Come on over for a cup of tea later next month and I will sweeten it with our own maple syrup.  Or perhaps you would like some on a bowl of ice cream.
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. Oh Anna - how I wish I lived close enough to stop by for a cup of tea and a bowl of ice cream, topped with your Maple Syrup!!! Love the new quilt by the way!!

    Lori S.

    ReplyDelete