Friday, July 29, 2011

A Tip

Yesterday, I had a great idea for the subject of today's post but today (you guessed it) I can't remember what it was.  I usually make a note to myself when those rare bouts of inspiration hit but this time I didn't.  Perhaps I was relying on the mangoes I've been eating lately to actually improve my memory.  I am not sure if they are supposed to be fresh or dried or if it matters but I read somewhere that mangoes are supposed to help the memory and stave off illnesses like Alzheimer's.
So far, it hasn't worked.
Ah, it just hit me so maybe the mango is doing its job.
A few weeks ago, I came across a pattern in a quilt book that I really liked.  It was a combination of two patterns which resulted in a third. Yesterday evening, I decided I would like to make it.  Of course, now I can't remember what book it was.  I've looked through all the ones an my shelf without success.  I am reasonably sure it was a book and it was a table runner but that is about it.  I don't even remember if I lent it to one of our quilt group members.
So, here is the tip.  When you see a pattern you think you may, someday, perhaps, make.  Photocopy it and write on the copy the name of book/magazine. If it was from a magazine, include the issue number as you will probably, if you are like me, have more than one of a particular publication.
I am going to start doing this and put the pages in a folder as this has happened to me on more than one occasion.
Hope everyone has a nice long weekend.  Stay safe if you are on the road, near water etc.  There are many people who would be devastated were anything to happen to you.
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. Make sure you note where put that folder Anna... : )

    ReplyDelete