Thursday, September 15, 2011

Seven Wonders

There is currently a contest underway to choose the new 7 wonders of the world and Canada has an entry.  If you would like to support the Bay of Fundy, go to votemyfundy.com. I would suggest that if you have text capabilities, that you pay the .25 and use that method.  It is quicker and easier.  When you get to the web page, there will be a vote now button with a text option under it.
This started  me thinking of my own personal seven wonders and what they would be. My first choice would be God's love for me whih is completely beyond my understanding. Second is my husband who put a life of drugs and alcohol with the associated activities behind him twenty three years ago.  He is a caring, thoughtful and generous man. Third would be my mother who also had a very difficult life which, while it affected her outlook, never defeated her.  She raised five children who have all become adults who care about others. Fourth is our marriage.  Roger and I met in the early 70's, dated for three years and then broke up.  I felt that his lifestyle (see first wonder) was not good for my son.  Twenty years later, we got back together, married and recently celebrated our 20th anniversary.
Fifth is where we live.  We are surrounded by the wonder of nature that continues to entertain and amaze.  Sixth is hummingbirds.  Those tiny miracles of creation that shouldn't, if one believed in evolution, even exist but there they are an example of beauty and endurance. My seventh choice would have to be the internet which allows me to not only shop, find information, and create but also keep in touch with family and friends no matter where they live.
I have a few more; my dishwasher, our little dog etc. but as I only allowed seven, I will have to put them on the honourable mention list.
What are your personal seven wonders?  I hope that, you too, have many more.
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. I like your wonders--very thoughtful. I can identify with 1, 5, 6, and 7. Gives me something to think about.

    ReplyDelete