Thursday, October 20, 2011

What a Hoot

My niece in a costume made by her grandmother.
Isn't this a wonderful costume.  My youngest sister made it without a pattern for her beautiful granddaughter. 
Both my sisters are wonderfully creative.
We had quite the rain storm last night.  At one point it sounded just as though I were at sea with waves pounding against the sides of the ship. I thought we might lose our hydro but it just flickered once.  My husband will do a property check later to see if any trees have come down.
This is my 'work' day and I am writing the instructions for some quilt patterns.  I did some sorting yesterday and filled two garbage bags of fabric and clothing to be given away.  I also put all my scraps in one container and will have to decide what to do with them.  No matter how many scrap quilts I make, those scraps don't get any less.  Maybe I will do a 'you pay the postage, you get them' day.  Problem is, I am sure that in a very short time I would have another accumulation.  I guess it is just another of those difficulties associated with being a quilter!
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment