Thursday, November 24, 2011

Quilty Friends

I have mentioned in the past that I belong to a number of on line groups as well as co-hosting one.  They are all, with the exception of my family group, quilt related.  Each has a specific focus such as hand quilting, frame quilting etc.  They are a valuable source for encouragement and information.  I have learnt so much from the members of the groups.
I have had a chance to meet some of the members of the Canadian group and will get to see more of them on the retreat that is scheduled for next year.
It is amazing how close you feel to these people you have never met.  I was reminded of this today especially as I opened my gift from my secret santa.  One group does this gift exchange each year and, once all the packages have arrived, we have a cross country gift opening.
I got a box full of amazing things but what I found the most wonderful was how well my secret santa seemed to know me.  We do, of course, list some likes-spicy and dislikes-perfume but my package included a CD of Celtic music.  I am sure I have never mentioned to the group how big a fan I am of things Scottish. 
I have been baking today and just took a break to check my e mail and write this.  Now I am back to the bread and apple butter.  I will be playing my CD while working.  Bliss.
Don't forget that the big sale starts tomorrow.  25% off everything in the Sisters Quilting Expo on line store and my web page.  www.arkangelcreations.org and www.sistersqiltingexpo.com
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment