Thursday, November 3, 2011

Reading

What do you do to relax?  I would guess that most of you, like me, find quilting is a peaceful occupation.  I also enjoy baking but if I am really stressed, I read a book.
When I worked (as in 'got paid') I used to say to my husband that I would like to go to a motel for a couple of days and just read.  Would be even better if I could get room service. 
The one problem besides funds was that I read so fast that I would have had to lug at least ten books with me.  When we first moved here and were living in the camper with nothing to do, I was reading a minimum of four library books a day!  You can go through a small libraries collection in a very short time doing that.
The other problem I have with reading is that once I start a book I don't want to put it down until I have finished.  Therefore, I don't read before or in bed or anytime I don't have a couple hours of free time.
I have a number of favourite authors and usually read all their work.  We have a great library in the village and the staff let me know if something has arrived that they think I will enjoy.
My husband will be busy hunting for the next while.  I think I might see if there is something on the shelves I haven't yet read.
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. I like to read alot too, but usually I can set a book down. I have one in the van, one in the truck, one in the living room and one in the bathroom. Now that the weather has cooled off, I'm taking some long soakers, and am making good progress on my 'bathroom' book. I'd rather take a book to read while waiting for an appointment--I hate getting part way through an article in a magazine, and not being able to finish it, so I just take a book.

    ReplyDelete