Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Scrappy Projects

These are the little Christmas decorations that I made from scraps.  They measure approximately 2 1/2" square except for the bottom one which is about  3 1/2 X 4".
They are very simple to do and I have a couple-not completed that are checkerboard.  When working with something this small, it is easier to have a base fabric and add your material like you would in paper piecing.  In fact, you could draw a simple design on your foundation fabric and then sew your fabric onto the lines.
We are going to have a warm day today-plus fourteen so I want to get the leaves raked onto the flower and vegetable gardens but first I am off to Huntsville to do the shopping that I didn't finish on my last trip.
Got my Christmas quilt top half done yesterday.  Nice to be making some progress on the pile of tops that have accumulated.
If you try some of these decorations, send me a photo and I will share it with everyone.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment