Thursday, December 15, 2011

One Week and Three Sleeps

Christmas is just over a week away but you can't tell by the weather.  It is raining here in the backwoods and our snow has all disappeared once more.  I find it discouraging.  Not only does it look dreary, but it also feels it.  I want to see white spread around the bush, over the mud and sticking to the trees.
Yesterday, I tried to take Heidi for a walk but it was so muddy, I gave up.
I did, however, finish my baking and now I have a pulled muscle in my back.  Too much mixing, kneading and bending over a counter that is a bit too low.  On a brighter note, the house smells lovely and I have goodies filling every container.
I think I am oging to put some Christmas music on the radio, ignore the weather and sew.  I need to get the Noah's Ark wall hanging on the frame so it can be quilted.  I think I will do a simple meandering design on it.
I hope your Christmas preperations are well under way.   My husband and I have been watching a lovely show on television called  Christmas on a Victorian Farm.  It originated in England and takes place on an actual Victorian era working farm. There is lodging (not cheap) where you can stay and, I am assuming, take part in the activities.  We have a trip to England planned for next year for a December wedding.  I might see if we have time to take a run to the farm.
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. We can't seem to get snow here in mid-MN either. We had flurries today, and lots of wind. I sure doesn't seem like Christmas is so close. I've been watching lots of Christmas movies while I sew. Some that I saw last year and some new ones. Hallmark and Lifetime have some really good ones. When I get tired of that I play my Christmas tapes and CDs. So far all I've done is think about my baking. I think next week will be a busy one!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete