Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Signs of Spring

This should be my last busy day for this week.  Yesterday, I spent the day in the village helping with our first Family Day Funfest.  In Alberta, Ontario and some other provinces, this is a day off for most workers.  In theory, it is to be spent with the family. We had games, horse and sleigh ride, bonfire, food and fun.  the weather was superb and I am sure I got a good dose of vitamin D.
Today, I am off to Huntsville for a pre op test which should be fairly quick.  I need to buy some dog food and a couple of other things but I can't be away to long as our wee Heidi  will be running around with crossed legs.
My husband is away today taking his mother in for a regular treatment so I am doing chicken detail and getting in the wood myself.  I have always enjoyed being on my own but the last few years, I prefer my husband's presence.
When I went out to get the eggs, I notice the squirrels are more active and there are a lot more birds making themselves heard throughout the bush.  I am not sure if these are definite signs of spring but there are an indication it is getting closer.
If anyone is interested in reading more about my adventures here in the backwoods, I have a monthly column in the Quilt Pattern Magazine (www.quiltpatternmagazine.com).  this is an on line magazine with a very reasonable subscription prize for which you receive 13 issues and access to the on line newsletter which includes chats, patterns etc.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment