Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Sunshine on the Wing.

Winged Sunshine
Did you get the windstorm in your area last night?  We had gusts of nearly 100 km until about 6 a.m. this morning.  I had to put ear plugs in so I could sleep.  We were sure that we would have trees down, hydro out and everything not tied down moved to our neighbours.  In fact, little happened.  Lawn chairs were toppled and my clothes pegs were strewn around but most things stayed in place. When we went out later in the day, we could see evidence of trees that had come down on the road and lots of debris had been shifted from one place to another but that was about it.
I hadn't intended on going to Huntsville today but yesterday at quilt group we got the bad news that our local quilt store was closing.  She was having a 50 percent off sale so I bought a few items.  Our nearest quilt store will now be nearly an hour away!
We are getting a lot of finches in our niger feeder and they are starting to get used to seeing me moving around in the quilt room.  I was able to get a few photos yesterday and this morning.  Their vivid colour sure brightness up a grey day.

blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment