Thursday, May 3, 2012

Fiesty Feathered Friends

I have been watching the finches that are at one of the feeders which hang outside my quilt room window. They are quite entertaining and, surprisingly, aggressive.  The females don't let the males near the perches until they have eaten first.  The males also have a pecking order.  There is one male that seems to have to wait until everyone else has finished.  He is probably younger than the others.  When the nuthatches arrive everyone else leaves. 
I turned my radio down for a while so I could listen to their song.  My husband says that a nearby tree is full of the tiny creatures which is probably why the sound is more noticeable.
It is nice to have my own private entertainment while I work.
I have been getting ready to put another quilt onto the frame.  I wanted to do a different pattern this time so I laid it out on the table so I could 'trace' it with the laser.  After a few moments, I started to feel queasy and realized I was getting motion sick.  That happens once in a while.  When it does, I have to stop and do something else for a bit.  I don't know why it bothers me sometimes and not others but I am glad it is fairly infrequent.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment