Wednesday, July 4, 2012

I'm Late, I'm Late

We have had another scorcher of a day and tomorrow is supposed to be worse.  Fortunately, unlike much of the rest of the province (and continent) we aren't getting the humidity.  All our company has come and gone.  It was nice to have these dear frinds visit.  I got one of the ladies interested in applique so am doing my bit to continue the spread of the quilting virus.
I want to cut some fabric for placemats tonight.  It has cooled down enough that working in the studio is doable.  These placemats are for the community yard sale that I think I already mentioned.
I am making good progress on one of the Vintage Tiles Revisited applique blocks and am pleased with how it is turning out.  A free pattern from Robert Kaufman was mentioned on an online group and I have downloaded it and added it to my already overflowing applique 'to do' file.  I wonder if other arts have this problem.  Do painters, woodworkers, cooks etc also have more ideas than time?  I sometimes feel like the White Rabbit in Alice in Wonderland:  I'm Late, I'm Late, I have too many quilts to make.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment