Thursday, October 11, 2012

Not a Lazy Day.

If I wasn't so busy, this would be a lazy day.  It has been raining in a steady drizzle and the sky is a discouraging grey.  It is the kind of weather when you want to grab a book or some knitting and sit in your favourite chair while the wood stove sends its glow of warmth and colour.  did you know that knitting lowers your heart rate?  Apparently, the repetative movement is so soothing that blood pressure drops a few points.  I read somewhere that petting a cat and making it purr can have the same result, however, in this case, it was the purring not the petting that made the difference.
I am not sure what our wee Heidi would make of this.  Probably that just looking at her being cute is healthy and I believe she is right.
I have been working away on neck scarves for boy scouts.  A friend of mine is one of the leaders and whenever they get new members, I make their scarves.  Not a hard job but usually something that has to be done quickly.
I had been finishing the last blocks for a quilt top but have had to put it away until this job gets done.  That may be sooner than I planned as I am running out of red bias tape.  Drat.  Another trip to Huntsville.  We are waiting to hear from the hardware store as they are cutting some linoleum for us.  If it is ready tomorrow, then we can combine trips.
I have also had a quilt pattern buzzing around in my head that I would like to get on paper.  That too will have to wait.  Busy, busy.
blessing,s

No comments:

Post a Comment