Friday, May 17, 2013

A China Mug, a Pot of Tea and Thou

I don't know precisely why, but some mornings seem more special than others.  Or perhaps we just make them so.  I took Heidi for her walk this morning and got all the other routine things finished including unloading the clean and reloading the dishwasher with the dirty.  I have now made a pot of tea and am sitting at my computer with my favourite china mug.  The latter is probably why today feels different.  My tea is usually a bag popped into a regular mug.  I really do like having it in a pot.  Perhaps I will make a little mug and pot mat set to keep by my computer or sewing machine.  That would be a lovely touch of luxury. 
This is my writing day and I am planning on getting my magazine article done as well as writing up a pattern that will be sold, hopefully, in area quilt stores.  Heidi's groomer is coming to pick her up shortly and my husband goes to play cards in the afternoon so I will have a nice quiet day to get things done.
I just have to stay motivated.  That is always the hardest part.

I have been having a lot of neck pain this week and I suspect that it is because I am working on the frame machine.  As I am in relearning mode, I am not keeping my shoulders relaxed.  I only did part of a row yesterday.  It is frustrating not to be able to get the quilt finished as there is only a couple more rows to do. 

Today many people will be on the highways heading for cottage country.  Those of us who live here year round will be glad to welcome them back to the area we enjoy every day.  The village main street will, no doubt, be bustling tomorrow as people come for their supplies. I enjoy seeing the activity although it is odd to have to search for a parking space.
If you are travelling, please be careful.  This weekend is usually the one that results in the most traffic fatalities.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment