Thursday, May 30, 2013

A New Toy

New Toy


I have a new toy.  I got this little steam/dry travel iron at a consignment shop in the village.  Roger and I saw it last week but I didn't have the money with me  then to get it.  I dropped in today and it was still there.  Hurray.  I took the picture beside the regular sized iron so you can see the difference.  It is very light weight, heats up quickly, has a large water reservoir and its own carry bag.  It will be perfect to keep beside my sewing machine for the little touch up jobs and to take to quilt groups as well as retreats.   Best of all, it was only $10.00. It is made by Proctor -Silas if you would like to see if it is still being made.
I had planned on spending the day baking but my neck is too sore.  I guess the drive yesterday is to blame.   So, I am going to do quilting/writing stuff today and, if I am better tomorrow, I will bake then.
It is such a frustration to have my activities limited like this.  Still, it could be worse.  I am mobile.  I can see, hear and speak and am still independent.  A stiff and sore neck is very little in comparison to what I could have.
I always think it is better to count my blessings rather than get bogged down by circumstances.
Blessings,


No comments:

Post a Comment