Friday, August 9, 2013

Waning Summer

We are starting the last week of my sister's visit.  We have been having a lovely time-mostly talking, as sister's do.  I am so looking forward to when they will be living here full time.
I am going to be finishing my quilt top today that is in the frame because I am itching to start another.  The new one is my heart scrappy and it is-or was destined for the guest bed.  It may also be for sale.  Will have to see how it turns out.
This is a big weekend in the village.  There will be a community garage sale, Heritage Days at the museum and the Country Jamboree at the fair grounds.  Anyone who thinks there isn't anything to do in a rural area, is wrong.
I am not sure if we will be doing any of the activities as we are planning to visit our brother as well as take a drive around some of the country side.  There never seems to be enough time to do everything.
There isn't too many weekends left in the summer, is there?  School will soon be starting, our cottagers returning to their year round homes and all will, once more, be quiet.  The main street will  have few vehicles and we will be able to shop on weekends without line ups.
Here in the back woods we are harvesting our veggies and thinking about the fall fair.  I don't think we will have much to enter this year but we'll see.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment