Thursday, September 5, 2013

A Chill in the Air

Such a change in temperatures.  We are in single digits this morning-only 7 C.  I love the cooler weather but must admit that I am not yet ready for long pants and sweaters.
Husband is outside chopping wood and the steady clunk of the ax hitting the logs adds a note of comfort to the morning.  Heidi is sitting at her favourite perch in front of the large window in the studio.  I  put a cushion on the trunk that holds my knitting wool and it is just the right height for her. She is able to see the chicken coop as well as the tool shed and wood cutting area so she can keep track of all the activity.
This morning I got up a bit earlier than usual and decided to make my husband's breakfast.  (Usually, he does his own.) He likes  oatmeal porridge so I cooked that as well as some hardboiled eggs.  Heidi had been sitting at the entrance to the kitchen watching but I knew where she really wanted to be.  When breakfast was ready, I told her she could go and off she charged down the hall, tail wagging, hair flying.  A moment later, I heard my husband greet her and when I went in she was curled up beside him.  She was a perfect picture of contentment.  A good morning for husband.  Two females doting on him.
I have been working on a new quilt pattern and still haven't got it to where I am satisfied.  It is similar to one I have done before but more of a scrappy and am not happy with the overall look.  I may have to unpick one set of blocks and add different sashing.
We have decided to start the woodstove just to take the chill out of the air and now I am going to cut up some ingredients for a stew so it can be cooking.  We can have that for supper tonight with the home made bread.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment