Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Quilt Carrier.

I am hoping to pick up a video camera for my pc later this week.  Once I have it connected, I plan on making some how -to videos.
Here are a couple of suggestions for secondary uses for items you probably have in your quilt room.

Quilt Carrier: quilts can be quite large and bulky.  Finding a suitable container for carrying one to a show or guild can be difficult.
Here is a solution.  Do you have a carrier that is used to transport a large cutting board?  If so, re purpose it.  Cut two strips of twill tape (available at fabric or notion stores) each the length of the opened case.  Mark the center point of the tape, measure approx. 7" inches from the outside edge of the case and pin the center of the tape to the case bottom.  Do the same on the other side.  Stitch tape to case.
You will now have a handy carry case.  If the case is zippered, leave it undone  so the quilt can extend beyond the edges.  Tie rolled or folded quilt in place and off you go.  You can still use the case to carry cutting boards when needed.

 
 
My case was a lovely fabric one that was made and given to me by a friend.  I never used it because our group has a large cutting board that is available to everyone.  As a quilt carrier, it is in constant use.  If you don't have a case, they are simple to make and now you have two uses for them.
 
Tomorrow, I will have another tip for a secondary use for another common tool.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment