Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Terrific Tuesday.

I think Tuesday is my favourite day of the week.  It seems to be a 'no pressure day".  Nothing is scheduled, major house work is done, baking day hasn't arrived, I got my quilt and quilters fix the day before and there aren't any scheduled meetings.  Tuesday is the day when I can either catch up or enjoy the scenery.
Today I am doing a bit of both.  Even if a person tried, you can't avoid the scenery when you are surrounded by trees that are ablaze with colour.  Some are so brilliant they almost seem to be on fire.  Here in our backwoods there are enough birch to provide a wonderful contrast much as does the sashing in a quilt.  The evergreen trees give the eyes a place to rest and contribute the back ground colour that brings it all together.
I am going to be puddling around in the studio today.  I want to get a quilt in the frame and am doing shadow quilting on another using my desk machine.  I got it pinned (been a long time since I did that last) at quilt group yesterday.  I started the sewing but quickly realized I needed to use my walking foot.  As it was almost pack up time, I didn't bother setting that up so will do it here.
While I write this, one of my most beloved pieces of music came on the radio so I really am enjoying the moment.

Before I go, I want to share a comment that was made on the Applique Addicts Yahoo group this morning.  Posts were about people starting new projects before completing one.  One lady said that we have the Sparkly Chicken Syndrome "see my chicken, oh, look there goes another".  I just thought it was the most perfect description.  I can visualize someone running around and grabbing all these sparking chickens and trying to hang onto them while picking up another.  Of course, the downside to this is that while we are starting all these wonderful new exciting projects, we are missing out on the fun of seeing what they look like when completed.  We also miss the joy of sharing our gifts with others.  I will have to keep that in mind when I feel another attack of SPS coming on.
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE YOUR DESCRIPTION OF YOUR ENVIRONMENT! Just had to put that in Caps! I arrived home from a week in Peterborough to find that I've missed the peak of color in my wee valley, and sadly, many of my maples are dropping their leaves.
    It gets dark early in my quilting room these days. The sun drops behind the hill about 4PM. It won't brighten up again until the snow comes and bounces off that same hill, into my window. A good source of natural light sure changes the color of the fabrics. Your posts has inspired me to sort through my stash and pull out a bunch of autumn tones and work on the side porch while the weather holds.

    ReplyDelete