Friday, November 29, 2013

Flying Geese

Today, I am sewing  some half square triangles into pairs to make, what appears to be, flying geese. I have had these blocks for at least a year (which isn't all that long as I've got some blocks that were made ten years ago).  I am not sure  if I will then turn them into a small runner or use them as border in a larger quilt.  In any case, it will be more of the bits and pieces I have hanging around used up.

The sun is shining quite brightly so I am looking forward to getting outside for my walk and enjoying the crisp day.  My husband has gone off to his euchre game, supper is already made so I have a nice peaceful afternoon spread out before me.

I haven't heard from the person who was interested in having me making a quilt for him so I assume he has changed his mind.  Would be nice if he let me know but I have given him a confirmation deadline so it is up to him.
I am looking forward to turning the panel I bought into a wall hanging.  It is still on my display wall and I really like it.  Perhaps I will put a row of the flying geese around it.  Seems fitting to have that block on a panel that represents the northern lights.
Hope you all have a great weekend and don't spend too much money on the sales today. 
Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment