Friday, January 10, 2014

Drip, Drip.

I am just taking a few minutes break before getting back to my quilting.  I have my art quilt in the frame and am ready to start sewing.  I am pleased with the practise piece I did so am in great hopes of it translating to the bigger surface.
A bit of a problem this morning.  It has warmed up enough that the snow is melting including what is on the studio roof.  This morning as I was working on the computer, I kept hearing a intermittent tapping sound.  Finally traced the source to a drip in one of the windows.  We are assuming that the ice back up has caused the problem despite the extra care put in to assure it wouldn't happen.  Nothing we can do about it now but husband is planning on putting heating wire along the roof edges next year.  In the meantime, I have a blanket on the windowsill.
We also got the plow guy to come in and remove some of the snow from the sides of our driveway as it was getting difficult to maneuver the car.  We are, once again, all set for the next winter onslaught.
Freezing rain is predicted for overnight.  If we are getting it, I hope it is cleared up by tomorrow as I was planning on going out in the afternoon.  However, we take what we get.
Have a great weekend.
blessings,

1 comment:

  1. Jeepers Ann, I'm sitting here listening to the same darn annoying drip drip drip from somewhere above my livingroom window. Outside there is a big thick hunk of ice where the dormer roof drips onto the main roof right over that window. I don't know what we're going to do to remedy this. ~Karen~

    ReplyDelete