Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Warm Spell

Our snow, thanks to warm weather and weekend rain, has lessened by a foot.  It had been quite difficult getting out our driveway because you couldn't see if anyone was coming down the road until your car was already in the driving lane.  The driveway itself is bare in spots.  The minus 2C feels like spring and I keep expecting to see a motorcycle go past.
I am not sure how long this will last but it is a nice break from the extreme cold and daily snowfalls.  Winter is still my favourite season but even I was beginning to think we were getting too much of a good thing this year.

I am in the process of unsewing the Northern Lights wall quilt.  The general consensus from each person asked was that the quilting is too dense.  They liked the work but it was the quilting you saw and not the panel.  That was my feeling as well although I was hoping someone would convince me I was wrong.
I spent a few hours at quilt group removing stitches yesterday and now have  it sitting by my  TV watching chair where I will continue to work at it.

In the meantime, I have another wall quilt to go on the frame-two of them actually.  One is going to be quilted from edge to edge and the other, I think, will be done as though the pictures on each block were appliqued.  I haven't decided completely yet.  I am going to look at some photos of what other quilters have done before I decide. 
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment