Thursday, February 20, 2014

A Quilter's Gold Winning Tip

Wow!  What a hockey game.  The Canadian and American women's team both gave a gold medal worthy performance.  The men's team will be hard pressed to put on a better show.  The Canadian curling team also did very well.  Won all their games and got our first gold of the day.

I also managed to complete two of my tulip blocks today, go into town for some groceries and mail as well as start my next column for the Quilt Pattern Magazine. Nice to feel you have accomplished something in the day.

A quilter's tip:  Sometimes when I am working on a block, I like to put the pieces in order before sewing.  T his is particularly true of a block like the tulip one where getting everything in order can be a bit tricky.  My solution:  I made a small (approx. 15 X 15) display mat.  I took a piece of cardboard, covered it with some extra batting and taped that in place on the back.  It is the perfect size to lean against the wall near my machine. Don't have a nearby wall; get a free standing photo frame or one of those stands used to hold steno pads etc. upright when typing and use it as a support.  If you wanted to go all out, you could pad and cover the reverse side for a small ironing surface.

 
 
 
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea, thanks for sharing. I am up early this morning (actually my usual time) so I could get all set up for the Gold game this morning...Go Canada!!

    ReplyDelete