Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Scraps, Scraps, Scraps.

Are you watching the Olympic Games?  If so, what are you doing while you watch?  Chances are, if you are a quilter, knitter, do cross stitch or any of the other arts you are not merely sitting and watching.  I am working on my hand applique.  I am on the seventh of twelve blocks from the Vintage Tiles  pattern.  I work on the more intricate parts when listening is all that is necessary and the easier bits when I want to keep an eye on the action such as during the skating events or women's hockey.
If I don't feel like sewing, I have bags full of fabric bits I can spread on the kitchen table and sort while watching.  This area of our home is wall free so it is easy to do this multi task.  There never seems to be any end to the task of sorting something to do with quilting.  If we ever get summer this year, I plan on taking all my pre cuts outside, spreading on a table or chaise and sorting into keep and throw out.  The keeps will then get put into labeled bags.  To tell you the truth, sometimes I feel like stuffing everything into a large bag and taking to our local quilt group.  One of the ladies cannot bear to see any bit of fabric thrown away so I know it would have a good home.
I am a guest blogger this Friday.  I will give you the link on Thursday so you can check it out.
I am also thinking about a new contest.  Stay tuned.  Perhaps you will have a chance to receive a garbage bag full of scraps!  Seriously, I am thinking about a contest but the prize will be a pattern or perhaps a roll of batting.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment