Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Conumdrums

I have just got back from taking the dog for a walk, I have an oven full of baking bread and, outside, the snow is melting.  I heard a crow earlier and the sap is starting to run in the buckets.  Run is an exaggeration right now as it is more of an occasional drip but a drip is still a drip.
The steady plunk of sap hitting the bottom of a metal bucket is vastly more welcome that the sound of water that is still seeping into the studio.  My husband is constantly removing snow and ice from the edge of the roof and, for a while, it works.  Then I notice the towels that are pushed against the wall are, once again, wet.
I am in the odd situation of wanting the snow to melt from the roof as quickly as possible and not wanting a quick thaw because of the danger of flooding to the south of us.  Perhaps a couple of days of above temperatures and then cool again would be my perfect solution.
We had a great day at quilt group yesterday; more laughing than sewing.  I did get a lot of work done on my angel blocks though.  For a bit of was wondering if I was going to have to go home because I got an allergic reaction to something.  I had opened a connecting door because the main room was so warm and shortly after, started sneezing and my nose was running faster than the water from the roof.  It took me a few minutes to connect the two events but, once I closed the door, I started to feel better.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment