Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pain in the Back

Ow!  I have a nasty pain between my shoulder blades.  I have been trying to quilt my blue and white top and having nothing but problems.  I just don't seem to be able to get the laser set on the pattern so I don't run out of pattern before I reach the end of the quilt or overlap the previous row.  I have been working at it for a couple of hours and decided the best thing to do right now is stop.  I called my hairdresser and am going in for a cut and perhaps after that, I will be ready to have another go.
The wind is picking up and we are supposed to be getting rain.  I hope that it lasts all night and takes the snow with it when it quits.  I am longing to see some of the spring flowers or any kind of colour.
There were three robins in the back yard this morning.  They looked nice and fat but I don't know where they are finding food.  I think they eat seeds when nothing else is available.
I am looking forward to the first quilt show of the season in our area.  Two friends and I are going to Orillia on Sat. for the Sunshine Quilt Show.  The Bracebridge one is in June so that will be next on the agenda.
As I am writing this, I am thinking about a freehand pattern.  I may give up on the one I was doing and design my own.  Stay tuned.
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. Oh Anne, I've just been moaning and groaning about the same problem here. I'm trying to finish up the quilt top I made from my late fathers clothing (modified log cabin). The only surface I have big enough to spread it out is my bed, and I can't get my wheelie chair adjusted to the right height for comfort. Sometimes it's a curse being so short.

    ReplyDelete