Wednesday, May 7, 2014

A Place to Donate

Another step toward summer;  we got the woodbox outside and cleaned the floor where it sat.  We need a new container for the firewood as this one has fallen apart. I was sweeping bark and other wood bits from around its base all winter.  Dear husband will be building a new one for next year.

I have been in touch with an  agency that connects with organizations that work with and for women.  I was looking for a place where I could donate items such as fabric bags, pillowcases, place mats etc. that would be given to those in need.  This agency turned out to be the right one.
I am now going to go through my remnants and set aside the fabric that can be used for this.  I know at least some of the ladies in our local quilt group will want to contribute as well.
There is always someone in need.  There are just a bit harder to find in an area outside communities with a large population.  I am glad I was able to find this agency.  I have known about it for some time as they send me items to be included in the community events column I do for the local paper. I thought they might be a good one to contact and I was right.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment