Friday, June 13, 2014

The Good side

There are times when I feel overwhelmed by the cruelty of some people.  I won't go into the details of the latest situation but when I heard it on the news, I was brought to tears.  As I sat there thinking about the victim, I realized that the best thing we can do to counteract an act of cruelty or injustice is to show we care.
I have been sewing a few items that will be given to women and children who are in difficult situations.  I decided that I could mope and moan or do something constructive.  The latter seemed to be the right decision.  I am now in the process of making some fabric bags that can be used as handbags or totes.  I am using brightly flowered print and adding a good sized pocket.  They are more serviceable than fancy but I hope they will help lift someone's spirits.
I know that many of you make quilts to give to those in need. You probably also do volunteer work.  You are part of the  good that is in people.  You are the part that is the majority.  Thank you for all you do to help others.  For your encouragement to those who are down.  Remembering that you are part of the world makes the dark side easier to bear.

Happy Father's Day to all the single mothers who fill both parenting roles for their children.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment