Thursday, January 22, 2015

Changed of Plans.

It must be the effect of the new year but I have been making good progress in getting some of my old projects finished up.  I am just finishing the binding on one quilt and have hauled out another that I started ages ago.  This last one is for my husband and should go together very quickly as it is a large panel of a moose surrounded by smaller ones of elk, deer and moose.  I thought I would be able to get at it today but the phone rang and changed my priorities. The store where I sell a few items called to say they were running out and needed a new supply.
I am not complaining, of course.  It is nice to have a few more dollars and it won't take me long to get some more things made.  The other nice part of selling these items is that they are made with left over fabric.  I love being able to find uses for my scraps. They most frequently find their way into quilts but the larger bits are put aside for other uses. 
We didn't get any sunshine today but it is only minus 4 so nice for a walk.  I took Heidi for a longer than usual stroll and checked out the tracks of the various little animals that frequent our area.
I am thinking of getting back to my Fiction Friday's next month.  I will let you know.
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. I've started using scraps and bits of ugly fabric to make Doggie Blankies and Doggie Duvets (essentially, covers for the big dog cushions). Our local pet rescue is in need of some fundraising ideas so we're preparing for a craft and bake sale.

    ReplyDelete