Thursday, February 26, 2015

Spinning in the Wrong Direction

Tomorrow we are going south.  Not very far, just an hour and a half away but my hubby is so tired of the cold he will take anything.  We are meeting friends from Alberta who are here visiting family.  We will also do some shopping while there.  Every once in a while it is nice to get to a larger community and take advantage of the shops and, usually, cheaper prices.

Yesterday, I posted a photo of a block I made as part of a BOM.  I want to clarify a statement I made about who is organizing it.  I mentioned that Pattern Pastiche was the sponsors but it is actually The Quilt Pattern Magazine. Pattern Pastiche is a part of the magazine that allows subscribers and contributors to interact with each other as well as get information on various topics.  It is like a virtual quilt group.
I wanted to correct what I said in case you were interested in joining in on the BOM which you can do by becoming a subscriber.  Of course, you will also get to read my monthly column!

I have got a couple more pinwheel blocks finished after a bumpy start.  The pinwheels are made using a different method which can be a bit tricky if you don't pay close attention to what you are doing.  I have used this design in other projects and, in fact, made the king size quilt for my bed using it so I am familiar with the steps.  However, this didn't seem to make any difference today as I put three of them together incorrectly not once but twice.  One section I managed to do wrong three times!  Stay warm and have a great weekend.
Blessings,




No comments:

Post a Comment