Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Latest Crib Quilt

Here are a couple of photos of the Pooh quilt that I recently completed for a customer.  The butterflies and Pooh are hand appliqued.   I did a meandering quilt stitch to imitate the flight of the butterflies.  I like to add a strip of fabric that I used in the top when I make the backing.  I think it adds interest to what would otherwise just be a solid piece of fabric.
 
 
 
 
Pooh crib quilt







Pooh Crib Quilt back close up
 
Our company left this morning.  We had such a lovely visit and it was hard to see them go.  Our little dog is just moping around now.  She had so much extra attention especially from our niece that she is going to find it very difficult adjusting to being fussed by just two humans.
It is a tiny bit cooler today but still warmer than I like it.  However, the tomatoes seem to enjoy the heat as we are getting quite a few that are ripening.
I just realized the other day that it will soon be fall fair time and I really haven't done anything about organizing my entries.  Will have to get that to the top of my list-well, near the top anyway.  I have a magazine article to do and a top to quilt for a customer.
Blessings,
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment