Friday, October 2, 2015

More Years, Less Energy

We brought our new-to us van home yesterday, had a lovely visit with dear friends and did a little shopping.  We were both exhausted when we got home.  It is hard to believe that I used to drive for a living and was often in the vehicle for up to 12 hours a day.  Of course that was a few years ago.  I guess that even if age is just a number it does mean something when it comes to energy.
I made a huge pot of stew this morning and it is simmering away on the woodstove.  There is something about having a wood fire that makes me want to cook. 
I also spent quite a bit of time trimming and squaring the blocks I just made.  It is a tedious job but, if not done, will show in the quality of the finished quilt.  I have changed my mind twice about how I was going to put the blocks together but think I have finally made a decision.
It has been quite windy today and the breeze was cool so t was necessary to wear a jacket outdoors.  Our walk was a bit shorter today as the coat I was wearing wasn't quite warm enough.
Tomorrow we are going to a craft show where all the products are made from nature.  It should be interesting and I may get a few ideas for Christmas.  It will be my first ride in the van, albeit as a passenger.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment