Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Temperature Woes and Wins

Hubby and I went carolling with some friends from church tonight.  We just went to a few houses in our neighbourhood but it was fun and well received. Depending on weather conditions, we may make it an annual event.
Just three more days until Christmas.  I have everything done except wrapping a few presents which I will do tomorrow.  I have finished the foundation pieced quilt except for the binding.  I have two more baby quilts and a magazine article that are on my schedule and then I am all caught up.
Our weather is still staying unseasonable mild and looks to stay that way until next Mon.  It will make for better driving conditions for all those who are travelling for the holidays but the lack of snow is costing ski resort operators a lot of money as well as those who benefit by snowmobilers and other winter sports enthusiasts. Those employed by these businesses are also, if you will pardon the pun, being left out in the cold.  The three main ski operations in this area employ over 3,000 people, mostly students.
So, no matter the situation, there is always people who benefit and others who don't.
Hope your Christmas preparations are almost completed and you are finding time to relax.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment