Thursday, January 28, 2016

Brooding a Breed.

Today was the Thursday when I get together with a couple of friends for quilting.  It is always such a peaceful day that by the time I get home, I feel as though I have had a weeks holiday.
Hubby got supper so I was able to continue to relax, do a few odds and bits and enjoy my day.
We had a bit of freezing drizzle this morning so the snow has got a bit of a crisp crust on it but it also looks as though someone liberally sprinkled the surface with a million diamonds.  Even the birds seem to be sparkling as they flittered between the feeders and perching on the clothes line.
It wasn't very nice for driving but the beauty made up for it.
Hubby moved our rooster from the largest flock of hens to the other coop yesterday.  The big flock are our laying hens and they produce the eggs we sell.  The other brood are a cross between laying and meat and we would like to see if we could start some of these from chicks.  Most hens don't brood anymore because it has been bred out of them but we thought we would try with these.  If they don't cooperate, we will get a couple of banty's to do the nanny work.  They still remember one of their main skills.
I have had a quilt pattern buzzing around in my head for a few days now.  I must sit down and see how it looks on paper.  It is a fairly simple pattern similar to bargello and the result is dependant on the fabric used.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment